torsdag 23. januar 2014

Face Paint - The Tiger

I've decided to practise my facepainting skills.
Therefore I am going to make some short blog entries now and then,
which will mostly consist of pictures of the prosess when I put on the different facepaints.

I'm planing to go through the "basic" facepaints, and try them out.
You know, those "Butterflies", "Tigers", "Princesses" and so on...

The facepaint I use is a small palette with 8 different colors from Snazaroo. This Facepaint is made to be smooth for the skin, and isn't irritating for the skin. I dun have any problems with it!




I wish I had more colors, but they can be mixed, and therefore I can get most colors I want.


Today I decided to try out the tiger!

I found a tutorial on youtube, and tried to follow along, step by step.






First i washed my face, and put my hair up in a pony tail.
I tried to put the rest of the hair, and my bangs, away from my face, using bobby-pins.
Don't want to get facepaint on my hair.






Then I took the big round sponge and covered most my face in yellow. 


I only left out the part under my nose, and over my eyes.



I felt like my skin looked way to yellow, but I carried on without changing this.









Then I mixed red with the yellow on a plate.

And got Orange (duh~)

I took the orange on the same sponge and applied it to my cheekbones, the temples, on my forehead and some around my chin.

At this point I still felt a bit yellow, but it was looking alot better.












At this step I was supposed to use a sponge triangel,
 which I dun have in my possesion...


So I had to use my round sponge again. Which resultet in a less dramatic "parting" of the colors, but it also looked kinda nice.

I had problems getting the white, white enough.


(And it wasn't until later that I realised that I needed to make the sponge more moist.)










This part was the decidedly hardest!
I took the small brush and "soaked" it in black color.

Then I tried to do as the girl in the video, and make similar stripes around my face.

At first I felt like they looked uneven and sloppy, but then i realised that it only made the stripes look more realistic!

















Finally I used the same brush to make the nose, and mouth parts.

I also made small dots around the eyes and over the mouth, to finish the look.














I had a lot of fun walking around the house, painted like a tiger.

Even my dog was a bit sceptic to me at first, but then he had fun playing around.



This is the video I followed:
(All rights to this video belongs toxMIMICKSx on youtube)


Any idea or suggestion for what I should try painting next? :)


~Cosplay Noob Tuva~

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar